Friday, March 8, 2013

Act as if "What do you want?"



Ok we have heard it a million times- the economy is bad, but so. Are we just to sit idle and watch the days turn to nights and nights into next month?
Do not let perceived realities fog your vision or stop your flow.
We all have dreams, desires and expectations for our lives and sometimes it all just becomes very overwhelming. You look around and your thirtieth birthday has come and gone. And I bet you anticipated having several degrees, a husband, a career and some house or condo in the city or suburb.

Oh well, it didn’t happen that way, but it doesn’t mean you’re out game.

I believe our first step to live liberated lives is to free ourselves from the chains of time. Time is an illusion (later in our literary life together I will explain more on illusions). Women particularly become very hung up on using their age as markers for their life. The downfall with using your age as your scale is you will most certainly have disappointments. We must begin to understand that maturity happens according to an individual’s experience and custom made journey, therefore not all things are fitting for the time you may have allotted for it to occur.

What we can begin doing is to understand what we want. Sometimes we fool ourselves into believing we know what we want, but most often it is based off of images we are fed through media. You have to really come into an awakening of who you are in order to make a good determination of what you want. And typically that awakening occurs through some form of struggle, that was “custom made” just for you.

Once you can establish a solid idea of what you want, you need to act as if. A more common term for act as if is “fake it till you make it”. I cannot subscribe to the fake it till you make it theme because there is an energetic consequence of faking it. Acting as if means to have your conscious mind actively believing in the things you want. Surround yourself with activities, people and products that reflect what you want. This process will begin to awaken your subconscious to your desires. Add that (unwavering) mustard seed faith and prepare to be transformed…

So share with me: You intend to act as if by doing_______?


AHSE
Selah Rey

2 comments:

  1. I unlike you in the past have followed the mantra "Fake It till You Make It" theme. For awhile it worked too but as I move forward in life faking it becomes exhausting. A birdie once told me "Child you follow and you fight with "ghost!" this little birdie has told me this now on two separate occasions years apart.

    I do not say if but I say " I am going to do and when I accomplish this- this will happen. I have a whirlwind of life's up and downs but the positive turn sets up for a more realistic approach to life.
    It has thus been about two weeks since this comment was told to me and I live to be FREE! Free from perceptions, free from whatever someone "thinks I should do" I trust myself now more than ever.

    I am doing things on my time for my growth and not on the LIKES of others. {Onward I Go}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,
      I commend you for acknowledging where you were and accepting that, what was, is no longer serving you for what is to be.


      Good Job

      Delete