Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mother and Daughter


The Mother and Daughter Divide
The mother and daughter relationship can almost be compared to the war between God and Satan. 
What happens in this dynamic?
 I actually do not have a definitive answer for this, but we can work on how we manage the residual effects of it. 
One thing is clear, we can expect most teenagers to give adults a few headaches, but overall everyone makes it out alive.  However, in many cases, once a girl reaches pre-teen and her mother is raising her a huge divide occurs.  We will never be able to have a cookie cutter answer as to why this happens because family dynamics are specific to each family.  Over the years I have observed several traits among the mothers and the daughters that experience this “parting of the red sea”.  I have seen mothers that have insecurities, secrets, relationship pains, development issues and anger issues. I have seen daughters with spirits of resentment, abandonment and rejection. Most of these traits are a result of another on the list, so it will be common to find a mom who is insecure with secrets and angry.  Misery loves company so they all join in- in one person’s mind and spirit. 
As a teenager it will be very difficult to understand the hang ups of a parent because they are dealing with their own growing pains.  Teens are too old for certain behaviors, but not grown enough for other things- it’s a very awkward station in life.  But to the young women and middle aged women who still are holding on to mommy issues- this love letter is for you. 
This letter is channeled from the divine feminine energy that has always been with you
Dear Pretty Girl,
You were created in a perfect image and there is no other like you.  Know that you do not need all the answers at once, but it is your struggles that build your character.  When you felt and when you feel alone I am always with you.  On behalf of your mother, you must understand we do not always know best because we are a parent.  Often times we do the best we know how and if we didn’t see any better we do not know any better from what we do.  It is difficult to admit fault and sometimes we transition from this world never apologizing, but my dear pretty girl, it doesn’t mean we are not sorry.  Things are different in spirit form and things are different when you have a spiritual awakening. 
You are an awesome creature and capable of many accomplishment.  Please go out and be what I dreamt I could be and more.  Release yourself from fears because it will plant seeds of resentment.  Learn from my inaccuracies.  Know that because I was afraid I did not fully grow, but that is the torch for you.  Carry the torch of courage and be on your way- this is what I pray. Beloved pretty girl, I did all I could do.  And to my, dear daughter, let’s make this right, and with chaste, honor and love go rightfully and nobly on the magnificent journey of you…

I hope this letter helps you find peace in your heart, in your mind and in your spirit.
ASHE’
Selah Rey

1 comment:

  1. This piece hits a sensitive spot in my heart as I have deep seeded issues with my Mother. I wish I could have read your letter when I was younger because maybe I would have been a bit more understanding of her actions. As an older me, in reading this letter I can try and sympathize with her…and yes in a way even open my heart to forgiving. It is a great feeling to free oneself of harbored feelings that are really pointless in the grand scope of things. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete